Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 3 - January 28th

We made it.    Once again, I should have listened to Mark.   All of the stress about the weight of our luggage was wasted energy.   I thought for sure our bags were hovering at 50 lbs.   I was worried enough that I bought a larger carry on bag to accommodate more weight if needed.    At the airport all of our bags weighed between 38-43 lbs.   I quote Aby "you mean we could have shopped in Grand Forks?".    I tried to convince her we had more room to bring items back from Kenya.

Our flights were uneventful.   I think Aby was the only one who was able to sleep on the plane last night.   She was asleep before take off.   We hired a ground transport to take us to the place we are staying.   It was a great way to see London but it felt like it took us FOREVER to get here.    I think we all had a bit of motion sickness by the time we arrived to our destination.    The kids thought they were catching the stomach flu.   Alizon (the lady we are staying with) made the kids some pizza and gave them some malt teasers.   They started to feel better soon after that.

It is hard to believe we are here.  We found the tube station this evening - it is about a 15 min walk from our place.   Tomorrow we are trying to be kind to ourselves and do some general sight seeing.   I do not have much on the agenda :)    Mark has the camera ready to go, so hopefully we will have some pictures to post.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy - see if you can convince the kids (& Mr Picky) to try some traditional English fish & chips (with malt vineger & mushy peas).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys always seem to know when to leave the country,,,15cm of snow this morning!

    ReplyDelete