Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 4 - January 29th

We all slept well last night.   Mark & I were both awake from about 2-4 but managed to fall back asleep.   It was difficult to wake up this morning but after a lot of prodding, I managed to wake up the kids & Mark.

Our initial plan was to take in some of the sights of London but it was rather cool & windy.   We decided it would be a great day to go to some museums instead.    We bought our travel cards and maneuvered the tube.    Micah was our leader.   He understood the system very quickly and directed us where to go.   We were all amazed by the number of people that were on them on a Saturday morning.

The first stop was the Science Gallery.   At first, the kids were a bit disappointed because they thought there would be more hands on type of things to do like the MB Science Museum.    These feelings did not last long.    It is hard to describe the size of the museum - large does not seem like an appropriate adjective.    Micah loved the flight section.   He decided to spend some of his money on a 360 degree flight simulator.   He loved it.     Aby enjoyed some of the fashions made out of natural products as well as the looking at the jewels at the Victoria & Albert Museum.    The boys left the museum and headed over to the Natural History Museum.   We agreed on a meeting time.   Apparently our communication skills are not the strongest because we were waiting at different entrances.   Aby & I did some detective work and found the boys.   We enjoyed the variety & interactive exhibits. 

At lunch time, Aby realized that it was only 6 a.m. back home.   We told her that we cannot keep comparing to MB time.   We need to embrace UK time and switch our clocks.   I suspect this will be easier said than done.  :)

I have had a cyst on my eyelid since the end of November.   I had it checked by my Dr. at the beginning of January.   I was told not to worry unless it turns red and swells a bit.   Low & behold this morning when I woke up. it was a purple color and a bit swollen.   If you believe in prayer, please pray that this is healed by Monday.   Otherwise, I will likely have to go to a Dr.   I do not want to leave it unattended to in Kenya.

Sorry, I am having problems with uploading pictures onto the blog and will post more on facebook.


Add caption
Aby was fascinated by the carpet shoes
Sorry, I am having problems rotating the pictures. This dress is made entirely out of folded newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment